It’s official! Thanks to Punxsutawney Phil, we welcome six more weeks to stay chic in our favorite seasonal fashions. Each and every year, the world screeches to a halt as the adorable groundhog emerges from his burrow with a creative forecast for the approaching season. We're not quite sure how, when or why this strange tradition began but that's not what's important. What's significant is that Groundhog Day guarantees six more weeks of winter based solely upon the acknowledgement of Punxsutawney Phil's shadow. Sulk over icy temperatures or celebrate this bizarre holiday stylishly; It's completely up to you. If you are anything like us, we have no doubt that you are dying to debut your spring style but in the meantime, check out the Six More Weeks Of Sweater Weather style guide to make that wait a little more bearable. As we near the end of winter, we become bored with brisk weather and antsy as we anticipate spring affairs. Fortunately for you, we here to suggest six different sweaters to debut at six upcoming events going on in our area that we would love to invite you to in an effort to spice up the coming weeks.
1. Art Walk It Out Calling all art connoisseurs and sidewalk socialites: On Friday, February 6th, Fairhope will be hosting its monthly "First Friday Art Walk." Whether you are attending for the art, live entertainment or simply want to see and be seen, this is the place to be. As you admire the many works of art, be a masterpiece yourself as you strut the streets of downtown Fairhope in the Paradoxically Posh Contrast Sweater. Sport this sweater mini dress with opaque tights and black booties for a chic statement. This event begins at 6:00 so don't be late, especially if you intend to snag free refreshments.
2. En Vogue Valentine Stay away applique hearts and tacky graphic tees on February 14th because this Valentine's Day is bound to be one for the books. Pull out all the stops and slip into the Love On Crop Pink Cropped Sweater. Your significant other has made the arrangements and all you have to do is show up in style so this sweater is a perfectly spirited selection for an unforgettable night. When it comes to making plans, you and your date may want to consider an unconventional approach because flowers wilt and over-the-top dinners are frankly overrated. Don't get me wrong, I too love to be wined and dined but this type of Valentine's Day date is overdone and simply lacks originality. Instead, opt for the Mystics of Time parade in downtown Mobile at 6:00 or the Shadow Barons parade in Daphne at 6:45. Follow the festivities with casual dining and a romantic stroll through downtown before cuddling up next to your cute Valentine. This low key evening allows you to relax and simply enjoy each other's company rather than breaking the bank on a cliche occasion.
3. Mardi Gras Glam With green, gold and purple on every corner, you have probably noticed that Mobile, the heart of Mardi Gras, is gearing up for another year grand festivities. With the big day on February 17th, it's about time to begin coordinating your Fat Tuesday look. As any true Mobilian knows, dressing the part on the big day is of the utmost importance if expect to score some big throws. However, if you are anything like us, style is also essential so shy away from costume-y accents. Embody the essence of Mardi Gras without creating a fashion downfall with the Snowflake Dreams Sequined Cream Sweater. This sequin embossed eyelash sweater is festive yet fashionable. Shining accents are a familiar facet to the Mardi Gras motif but this brilliant sweater reimagines this aesthetic, creating a transitional statement that is perfect for parade season and beyond. A full day of festivities requires a look that can keep up with your celebration so sport this striking sweater with equally opulent pants such as patterned trousers or distressed denim. Let the good times roll as you party with us in style this Mardi Gras season.
4. Cream, Sugar and Chocolate, Oh My On February 21st, the Abba Shrine Center will be hosting its 7th annual Mobile Chocolate Festival. Debuting divine delicacies and a chocolate martini that we simply can't wait to sample, this is a must-attend event for foodies and fashionistas alike. Th Mobile Chocolate Festival not only benefits our chocolate addiction but more importantly, an incredible cause, Penelope House. With that being said, this event includes enjoying samples of delicious treats all while supporting an outstanding charity foundation; Sign us up! The perfect pairing to spectacular afternoon of sweet snacks is the equally sweet Cream and Sugar Mocha Fringe Cardigan. A delicacy in and of itself, this savory sweater is sure make a spirited statement as you flounce about the festival. Tickets to the Mobile Chocolate Festival may be purchased at the door while this to-die-for cardigan can be purchased at any of our Lotus locations.
5. New Year, New You, New Experiences While January 1st marks the beginning of our new year, the Chinese New Year is not celebrated until February 21st. I believe that it is important to immerse yourself in the celebrations of other cultures. With that being said, the Chinese New Year parade in downtown Fairhope is an excellent opportunity to open yourself to exotic experiences and not to mention, a perfect excuse to party. On our very own Gulf Coast we are granted the privilege to ring in and revel the New Year without ever leaving our own neck of the woods. The parade takes place at 1:00 in downtown Fairhope on February 21st and all attendees should expect to witness an exciting afternoon like never before. An afternoon outdoors such as this warrants a spirited yet casual ensemble, making the Winey Baby Layered Print Sweater an phenomenal fit. This billowing top will flutter in the brisk Fairhope breeze as you cheer for the Chinese New Year is fabulous fashion. Between exposing yourself to new cultures and boasting this brilliant sweater, become the exotic individual you always aspired to be without ever leaving lower Alabama! Don't forget to arrive early and snag a spot for an up-close experience.
6. Arbor Day by the Bay Go green yet sport cream as you celebrate Arbor Day at the Fairhope Pier on February 28th in the Down By The Bay Cream Crochet Sweater. Sure to be a beautiful yet brisk afternoon on the water, this sweater makes for an excellent companion to keep you cozy. Featuring live entertainment and plenty of exciting activities, this event is one for the whole family and certainly should not be missed. This embellished sweater is ideal for a picnic on the pier or enjoying an afternoon within nature. A day to admire and appreciate the world around you, Arbor Day may not be a major holiday but certainly deserves recognition even if that means paying by hitting the pier for a playful afternoon. If you haven't enjoyed the annual Arbor Day festivities at the Fairhope Pier in past years, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
Rather than revering Punxsutawney Phil's forecast with distain and dread, dare to immerse yourself exciting new experiences as you celebrate six more weeks to look winter chic. We hope to see you out and about at these upcoming events sporting inspiration as featured within the Six More Weeks Of Sweater Weather style guide.
Comments will be approved before showing up.