Top 10 Gifts For Mother's Day: Must-Have Fashions She Needs For Summer
Posted on April 24 2018
Giving your mom those special somethings add a loving touch in a meaningful way for one curated gift she will adore for years to come! Put creative time and effort into your Mother's Day gift this year, as the thought behind every gift always means the most. Moms always love their daughters advice when it comes to their closet, and we put together the top 10 fashions to help you easily create a stylish gift for her.
For the casual fashion mom always on the go, she will have one less to-do with a sophisticated easy wear outfit gift from you. For the timeless classics mom, she will have the chance to try something new and happily add it to her capsule wardrobe. For the trendsetter mom, she will swoon over a trendy outfit you personally put together for her and will rave over her new look with her friends. For all the moms out there is one thing in common: a present personally picked out by you, matters more to her than anything else you do. Show your momma some love this Mother’s Day with must have fashions and accessories she needs in her closet this summer!
#1: Something that Layers
Nothing says spring and summer quite like a gorgeous KIMONO. The most ideal layering fashion for the season, your mom simply cannot go without one in her closet! Kimonos are extra special for the way they serve a purpose in a blissful way. Lotus has many chic styles that are wispy and fashionable that she will love!
- Opt for a simple solid white or pretty pastel color in a lightweight fabric to add breezy style to her outfit.
- Flourish in floral. Not only a typical warm season print but THE trendiest print of the year. A great way to add a little print to a neutral summer outfit and to incorporate many of the beautiful colors from the Spring/Summer 2018 Pantone Color Palette.
- A classic lace or crochet kimono is always a go-to layering piece for mom. Try adding a twist to this classic style by going for a bright color to keep her fresh for summer.
Kimonos are great to throw on and go or to have on hand when the breeze picks up. They are lightweight and easy for all day wear; plus they look great draped over your arm and are easy to tote along if you get too hot. They serve a purpose in a fashionable way. They can also be worn over any kind of outfit, from a short dress to maxi dress and top and bottoms. They are feminine, classy and can be dressed up or down to suit your mom’s personal style. Chic and sophisticated, eclectic and bohemian, simple and straight-lined or ritzy and glam, whatever your mom’s fashion style a kimono will easily fit into her wardrobe!
#2: Something that Blooms
From Left to Right Clockwise: Forever Floral Detailed Sleeve Top, Be Bold Asymmetric Floral Tunic Tank, Hooked on Floral Basic Short Sleeve Top, Soft Blooming Aura Long Sleeve Top, Setting Sun Floral Back Detail Top, Call Me Later Blue Floral Top
Like we mentioned before, floral print has flooded the fashion scene and hey, we aren’t complaining! These feminine floral vibes will have your mom feeling beautifully fresh in bloom all season long. With many trendy floral pattern variations, your mom is certain to find one floral motif she loves!
- Go for an all over floral print. Large-scale blossoms are perfect for a top or dress that can stand out on it’s own and paired with neutral accessories. If it’s too much flower power for your momma, try a micro floral pattern in subdued colors that’s just as fashionable.
- A floral print easy wear top or tank she can throw on with jeans or shorts is a great way to incorporate a little floral into her closet.
- Maxi dresses are a spring/summer staple that brings effortless style instantly to your mom’s closet. Go for a beautiful floral color mix in a comfortable knit fabric in a short sleeve fit-and-flare or tank dress style. That way, your mom can sport her outfit all day long and easily layer a denim jacket, kimono or cardigan when the breeze picks up.
For a more detailed look into the latest fashion print trends, check out our Spring/Summer 2018 Style Guide.
#3: Something that Ruffles
From Left to Right Clockwise: The Good Stuff Ruffle Sleeve Dress, New Women Ornamental Lace Blouse- Mint, Cross the Line Ruffle Tank Top, For Now Ruffle Top- Sage, Ruffle Bliss Front Pocket Tunic- Rose
Ruffle up a good time this summer with this fluttery fun trend your momma can't go without! So chic and feminine, ruffles make for a perfect accent on any garment. From ruffle sleeve blouses to ruffle trim wrap dresses, you can't go wrong with a ravishing ruffled gift for your mom this Mother's Day.
- Big billowy ruffles should stay chic and sophisticated. These ruffle accents are meant to be lightweight and airy for an overall whimsical look to keep cool in this summer. Sundresses and silky blouse styles are the perfect pieces to pull off this look.
- Small-scale ruffle detail used as a trim or embellishment is a MUST DO for your momma! A basic knit top, tunic or tank with a layer of small ruffles pairs with any style bottom for an extra stylish look. With ruffles made of the same fabric as the garment, they are subtle but make a chic fashion statement!
#4: Something that Wraps
Let us wrap up everything you need to know about this hot trend with this: whether a top, a dress or a pair of shoes, your momma has to have something that wraps this season! The most iconic wrap fashion of the bunch is the wrap dress. The flowy silhouette and overall chic look of the wrap style is figure flattering on all body types. Here at Lotus, we even make things one-step easier with many mock-wrap dresses, for those moms who love the look but hate the hassle. So if in doubt, a wrap dress is a no-fail fashion she will love!
- Go for a mix of trends to get the look. A floral print with ruffle trim or an asymmetric hem in a color from the Spring/Summer 2018 Pantone Color Palette are just a few mix of styles you can put together for one wrap outfit to surprise your mom with!
- Not only is this style versatile and flattering on all shapes and sizes, the varying hem lengths makes this style work on both tall and petite moms alike!
#5: Something that Slides
Nothing says easy fashion like a pair of sandals you can slide on and head out the door in style! A must have sandal for staying comfortable and keeping cool all spring and summer long. Plus, you can find a number of different slide styles at affordable prices your momma will love! An easy-wearing way to finish off her outfit without breaking the bank= Mother’s Day Gift Win!
- For a basic style that you cannot go wrong with is a pair of classic flat slides in a neutral light tone color for summer.
- For a trendier style, go for a platform slide with strappy detail or cutout features in a metallic gold, silver or rose gold color. A little glitz that easily pairs with any style outfit is the way to go here!
#6: Something that Ties
From Left to Right Clockwise: Some Tropic Time Short Sleeve Kimono, On Call Tie Front Top- Pink, One Lucky Tie Front Top- Taupe, On the Loyal Culotte High Waist Pants, Simply Irresistible Tie Front Romper- Blue Palm
If there's one fashion trend you must get your mom this season, it's something that ties! Tie-front styles are across the board, as you will find them on everything from tops and bottoms to rompers and dresses. This cute look isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and your mom will adore the different ways to style them too!
- Tie-front tops in a comfortable, solid color knit perfectly pair with any bottom for a summer outfit she can wear to any event. Two trends in one, encourage your mom to change up her kimono style by creating a tie-front to get the look pictured above! Let her kimono be the star of the show by suggesting a neutral ensemble to wear underneath.
- Try a tie-front on an unexpected piece, such as a fun tropical print romper to wear on her upcoming vacation, for extra fun style! You cannot go wrong with anything that ties this season!
#7: Something that Knots
It's knot every day you give a Mother's Day gift, so make sure to make this year's special with a knotted fashion your mom will love! From twist front knots to tie front knots to drawstring knotted linen shorts, your momma will love this fun fashion and certainly work it into her everyday wardrobe!
- One aspect we love about knotted tops is that they already come that way for one, but also they refine your outfit so you don't look frumpy. Perfect to balance out a flared bottom.
#8: Something that Shines
From Left to Right Clockwise: Over the Metal Rainbow Earrings, My Wish List Rose Gold Lariat Necklace, Intricate Details Gold Dangle Earrings, Separate Ways Leaf Design Earrings, Darling Delight Small Druzy Necklace
You mom will shine like a star in metal jewelry fashions that goes with absolutely anything! Glitzy gold, stylish silver and ravishing rose gold accessories are everywhere this season and a must have fashion that easily works with you mom’s outfits already in her closet. Go big and bold or small and dainty; both are equally on trend and glam!
- Mix your metals with on multi-color statement piece or opt for layering a mix of metal hues to give her outfit some dimension and flair.
- Twists, cutouts, and even chain tassels take your ordinary gold necklace to a fashionable statement piece. Whatever your mom’s style, you can easily find a piece that works for her!
#9: Something that Tassels
Accessories are essential to completing your outfit and always great for gifting! Tassels are the trendsetters of the accessory world these days and with so many types of styles available, they make the ultimate fashion statement in a fun and trendy way!
- String tassels make a great for mom because their airy design is lightweight and easy to wear with any style outfit. You can also choose the length and bulkiness of your string tassel to make a statement or blend in with your outfit.
- Beaded tassels are also popular and add movement and flair to your outfit. If your mom’s style is more particular, you can easily find a pair to complement her personality. From dressier styles with extra glitz to more casual styles with boho vibes, beaded tassels are the way to go for a specifically curated tassel style for mom.
- Fabric tassels and metal tassels and really any kind of tassel out there is hot on the style list that will make a great gift for Mother’s Day!
#10: Something that Soothes
Ultimately for Mother’s Day, or every day rather, your momma just wants to relax! Help her do just that with a cute little bath bomb to leave her feeling stress free and loved in the sweetest way!
For ways to save on your Lotus order and make her gift even more special, build a personalized Boutique Bundle that arrives wrapped and ready to give with complementary Mother’s Day Card and all!
More Information on this special offer, click here: Best Gift to Give- Boutique Fashion Box